Managing Stress Over the Holidays …
brought to you by Elizabeth Garland with Soul Nourishing
Get a handle on the stress! How to stop flipping your lid & start enjoying the seasons.
1. Have a plan made ahead of time of activities, travel options, food choices & gift ideas.
2. Set a budget. Multiply that times two. This is a reality check. Can you afford that? If not, scale it back.
3. Get creative! Remove the stress of shopping & create homemade gifts, make coupons for simple acts of kindness &/or wrap a beautiful silk box full of mindful intentions.
4. Save money on dining out so often & organize a potluck meal at your home, or a progressive dinner between 4 or 5 houses!
5. Be flexible – not everything is going to happen according to the plan.
6. Practice saying “no” so you can say “yes” to what truly matters.
7. Schedule your personal time now. Seriously, book that massage.
8. Have good times! Meaningful as well as silly, playful fun!
9. Stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day!
10. Find ways to celebrate with friends, family & others in the community that are meaningful to you.
In love, light & gratitude,
Elizabeth Garland, M.S., CPLC, MNLP, GRS
Founder & Personal Development Coach of Soul Nourishing, LLC
Copyright Soul Nourishing 2011-2013